ARE YOU READY TO RETURN TO WORK?
A Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) evaluates an individual’s ability to move or perform their daily tasks. Functional Capacity Evaluations are used for a variety of reasons. One of the most important reasons is to evaluate an injured person’s ability to return to work. FCE looks specifically at the following areas:
- the individual’s functional abilities and job demand.
- the individual’s disability.
- when the individual can return to work.
- whether or not the individual can return to the job duties held prior to the injury.
- helps in designing a rehabilitation plan.
An FCE must be based on the Dictionary of Occupational Titles-Residual Functional Capacity (DOT-Quantified) Battery.
The DOT-Quantified consists of a battery of job-related tasks from job factors defined in the Dictionary of Occupational Titles (DOT).